Saturday, January 2, 2016

NSW: ANZAC Day

I happen to be in the city during ANZAC day. 

Searching the net, I found out that "This is the day of remembrance for Australia and New Zealand that commemorates all Australians and New Zealanders who served and died in all wars, conflicts, and peacekeeping operations <from wikipedia>".  


Here are a few pictures I was able to take during the event. ^_^








Some of the people <veterans> and groups who joined the parade. The city was filled with people coming from near suburbs. They even closed some of the streets in order to accommodate the visitors and ensure the smooth flow of the parade. 




In the afternoon, I found out that there was a hailstorm around the western suburbs. It's the main reason why there were delays for some train services.
< Can't stop my curiosity about the storm o_o >
This is how it looked like after. Small ice cubes littered the streets.

My first time seeing this. <louie takes out phone and snap a few pictures. ^_^ >

No comments:

Post a Comment