Thursday, January 28, 2021

Hello 2021!

Picture from my recent trip to Port Macquarie

Guess who's back in the Cyber World? ME! 

Finally have the motivation to write again. I was so busy working full-time, taking CPAA exams, food tripping, and going to places in 2018 and 2019. I thought this momentum will continue until Covid happened in 2020. No Travel, no food trip, and reduce work hours. Then I assumed I'll be able to sort pictures and write some blog posts since it seems like I have extra time. However, with everything that is happening, add paranoia and uncertainty in the picture, I did not achieve this either. The first half of 2020 gone. 🤦🏻‍♀️

It was only in the second half of 2020 that I was able to focus and finally do something. So what was I able to do in 2020? 

  • I decided to make my youtube account public. The account was created ages ago for fangirling. After a few updates in settings and video uploaded. The account is now public.
  • I was also able to squeeze in some time to sort videos and edit them. These, I have uploaded on youtube (I'll share the link in a separate post ).
  • Spent some time monitoring the Phillippines stock exchange and focusing on my investments. I put my investment position on Hold from 2018 since I don't have the time and I felt that the investment portfolio was doing fine. The goal was for long term investment anyway. So I thought, the funds should be enough. 
  • I was able to convince my brother to finally open his investment account. Yes! this has been one of my ongoing projects. He just won't budge. In the past years, no matter how I convince him, it doesn't work.  
  • I have started studying Technical Analysis. Thanks Ate Cyril for the motivation 😉.


What I plan for 2021

  • Finish the CPAA program and tick it out of my list. I am hoping I finish the program this year. Only one exam left.
  • Continue studying Technical Analysis. Maybe I can even try stock trading, instead of long term investments.
  • Have at least one blog post per month. yes! this is the post for January 2021.
  • Continue managing our current investments portfolio. Existing Bonds and LTNCDs were not affected by the pandemic. However, our Equity portfolio was hit badly and it will take some time before it can recover (I have already accepted that 😓). Also, the pandemic might affect any future Bonds and LTNCDs that we might want to get. We like getting both since they are less risky than Equity Investments.
  • Visit more places in Australia. Can you believe it? I have been living in Australia for 6 years and the only places I have visited are within 6 hours drive from Sydney, Melbourne CBD, and Gold Coast. Most of my holidays are spent in my home country or other Asian countries.
  • Lastly, if International borders open this year, I am planning on taking a very long holiday. Maybe one whole month? 

Well, that's it for now. I will update soon! I have a lot in my drafts for the travel pictures I managed to sort and upload. Just need to write the commentaries.

Till next time. Ciou! 😘 






No comments:

Post a Comment