Tuesday, December 28, 2021

2021 Update and Plans for 2022


 Image taken by my friend Cyrl

Hello friends!

I am posting again for an end-of-the-year update. 


At the beginning of 2021, I was optimistic. I thought I can:

  • Finish the CPAA program 
  • Studying Technical Analysis for Stocks
  • Have at least one blog post per month
  • Continue managing our current investments portfolio
  • Visit more places in Australia
  • International borders open this year (2021), I am planning on taking a very long holiday

However, a lot of things happened in 2021 (adulting is very hard) which have prevented me from achieving all those enumerated above. 

What was I able to do in 2021?

  • I did finish the CPAA program. The last exam was taken and now I am a full CPA in Australia.
  • Studying Technical Analysis? Yes! I was able to continue this as well. Learned a lot in 2021, had moderate exposure in the live market and this has helped in making a more aggressive investment during the year.
  • A regular blog post? No. I was not able to continue with a regular blog post. The last one I posted was in March 2021. After that, I have experienced some health issues and had to prioritize and do time allocation to work around my health. I was so paranoid at that time. I had to take tests and see the doctor every 3 months. I am doing better now ☺️.
  • Managing Investment portfolio? Yes! I am actually surprised that our portfolios are recovering fast. I initially expected that it will take a minimum of 3 years. However, as I look at the portfolios this end of the year, I can see greens now. In addition, I was able to add ASX investment and Crypto trading in the second half of 2021. Plus on my side hustles there!
  • Visit More Places in Australia? No. This did not happen. There was an outbreak of covid cases in NSW around June and this has resulted in NSW being on strict restrictions and in lockdown for a while. Restrictions were only lifted around November. As of this writing, we are experiencing another surge in cases. Who knows how long this is going to last this time and if the State will implement more restrictions soon. This also means that I was not able to do the last on my plan which is to travel internationally. Officially been stuck in Australia for 24 months now.😞

What I Plan-Hope for 2022

  • Continue with investing and my trading side hustle. I am actually able to hit my target for my trading forecast (4 months so far). At the moment, as a side hustle, I am targetting 10% gains monthly. As this is a side hustle, I am allocating 100% of my earnings to charity funds. Helped a lot in 2021 😁 
  • Have at least one blog post per month. Resurrecting this goal again. Maybe 2022 is the year to get back to blogging? 😉
  • Reassess my priorities. One of the things that I have thought a lot about in 2021 is my priorities. Do I want to stay in my current job? Do I want to stay in Australia? Will I continue renting or should I buy a property? Can I afford to buy a property? Should I rest for a while and go home to my family? Making these major decisions is really hard. Again, "Adulting" is hard 😞. I haven't even decided at the moment. I will see what options I have in the new year and will let you know later. There are several things that I am still considering. 

That's it for now friends! Till next post! Ciao! 😘

No comments:

Post a Comment