Thursday, November 7, 2013

All About Louie # 1: An Anime Addict

Hi All! As indicated in my profile, I LOVE ANIME!

Anime are Japanese animated productions featuring hand-drawn or computer animation. The word is the abbreviated pronunciation of "animation" in Japanese, where this term references all animation, but in English, the term is defined as a Japanese-disseminated animation style often characterized by colorful graphics, vibrant characters and fantastic themes (Wikipedia). For more info you can go directly to Wikipedia, here’s the link. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anime

I have been obsessing with these animations scenes I was 9 years old. I remember directly going home after school (4:00 pm) because that’s when the anime show starts to air. Going directly to the TV and singing along with the opening or theme song. Over reacting to the happenings in show. Commenting on the events that took place on the anime for the day and declaring crazy things like marrying Tamahome or Otohori someday.
I remember going to school late (or in my case, Half-day) because the time slot for “Marmalade Boy” is 9:30 in the morning and I really want to watch that show (there were still no site to watch this anime before). And chatting with my friends (fellow Fan-Girls) about the current episode of the anime’s that we are watching instead of doing our school works.
I remember downloading soundtracks and lyrics, and memorize them so that I can sing along with it. Spending my allowance to collect laminated cards, posters and stickers. Trading theme with friends and finding out that a certain rare card was missing because one of your friends took it (Yes Erin, ikaw ito! Hahaha.. No offense, naisip lang kita. J ).
 
Then Anime became the new “It Thing” in the country and conventions and events started popping out and a new interactive way was developed for those people like me, where anime or animations has been a big part in our human development (LOL! I feel like an Alien! ^_^).
     
So there! That’s how this whole obsession started and until now, anime is still part of my daily routine. Be it in an episode, a chapter of manga or a whole story of fanfiction.  Hahaha. Below is a picture of Tamahome just because he is my first ever anime crush! ^_^


Picture from Google Search



No comments:

Post a Comment