Friday, March 28, 2014

Grand Vacation 2013 Part 1: Bangkok Thailand!


Last July 2013, I went on a month long vacation on some Asian Countries. First destination? Bangkok Thailand! ^_^  (Technically, it’s already the 2nd destination because I first arrived in Singapore where I met my cousin and her friend. They were my companion for this trip.)
Picture with my cousin and her friend in Changi International Airport while waiting for our flight to Bangkok.

View from the plane’s window XD

We stayed at __________ hotel. Picture from the buffet breakfast (can't remember our hotel.. will just update this later.. =D).

100% Tourist Mode Activated! ^_^

All of the building in Bangkok has this Garuda symbol on them. __________

Second day was for the City Tour. The tourist guide took us to the top tourist destinations in Bangkok. The places included on the tour can be access thru boat. Most temples and buildings were built near the river.

Some of unique architectural structures that we passed as our tour progressed.




The tour guide said that this is the most popular hospital in Bangkok and where their King usually stays.


This was a picture of their King that I took from one of the buildings that we passed.


This is my Favourite picture for our day 2 in Bangkok. It was a picture taken in Wat Arun Temple. This is a side view of the main temple. You can go up the ladder and pray at the top of this tower like structure. (Most of the picture that I will post will be on this area because I can’t seem to find any good shoots for the other places that we visited. Photography=Failed! T_T)

Upon arrival at the temple, you will see this icon, where you can pray and offer flowers to show your respect.


This is inside the prayer area in Wat Arun, beside this, you can see some priest who will bless you and give you a bracelette/amulet thing.. (I don’t know if we are allowed to take pictures inside the prayer area. Our tour guide didn’t give us any warnings so I just used my tourist/ninja technique to take this shoot. Just to be safe if ever it was not allowed. XD)

Another structure in Wat Arun. I don’t really know what this is for… XD





Tourist Mode again! ^_^


Floating boat – Fruit Vendors (sample only/replica)


Lucky Fishes. This was part of the river where you are allowed to feed the Cat Fish (I can’t remember what fish they were but I think they were Cat fish! ^_^) You can feed the fishes with bread, it is said that before feeding them, you should think of all your sins and bad luck and pray for the fish to take them away. Well, since we’re tourist, why not try it right?! ^_^

After the river tour, we went to the leather factory. This is where you can buy items made from authentic leather from animals like cow, snake, crocodile and stingray.

Followed by the gem factory where you can buy discounted jewelries made from different class of gems and crystals that can only be found in Thailand.

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find any pictures taken from those two locations. I think it was because taking pictures in there was forbidden and I wasn’t able to use my ninja technique because the tourist guide was watching us. T_T

But I found this picture of a baby coconut that I bought outside the leather factory. This is one of the popular refreshment in Bangkok that you can buy on the streets. =D


We went on a seminar/tutorial about bees and what benefits we can get from products from them such as the bee pollen, honey and royal jelly.

This was called a “Tuk-Tuk”. This was/is the most popular transportation in Bangkok aside from their train.  Unfortunately, we were not able to ride this because our tour guide discouraged us from taking one. She said that it is very dangerous to ride “tuk-tuk” and that we should just take the train if we want to go around the city.


Day 3 was dedicated for shopping. You can buy clothes and accessories in a very cheap price. I think I was able to buy dresses at around 90 pesos when converted to Philippine money. I don’t have that much picture because I was too busy shopping but I was able to get some snap shoots using my phone. ^_^

I super love this dress (yellow and green)! Unfortunately I wasn’t able to buy it because we needed to hurry up for our appointment in Baiyoke Sky. T_T

Street-Night Market. Prices are much cheaper than those on the malls, but they only sell limited design.


Souvenir shops that you can find in most places around Bangkok
This is my favorite destination for day 3.

No, we didn’t stay in this hotel. We just went there to try their buffet dinner and the tour guide recommended the view here. It was not part of the tour so we paid additional for this one. I can say that it was worth the price because the food is really delicious. You will be able to taste the traditional food of Bangkok and if you don't like it, you can always opt for the western food that they offer. ^_^


Gallery that was on display. I’ll only be posting a few picture of what was included in the gallery. 
(I think this blog post is already too long.. XD)



View from the Top of the tower!



The last few pictures were taken in Bangkok Airport while waiting for our return flight to Singapore. The Display was so massive that it won’t fit in one picture.






Well, that’s it for my Bangkok Thailand Trip! Thank you for having the time to read my post! Hopefully, I’ll have the time to post regularly from now on. So many posts already overdue. Majority were my trips and project for 2013 and some updates about me. ^_^

PS: Sorry for the limited pictures. I’m not that good yet on taking them. I wasn’t able to post a lot of my shoots because of their poor quality. Needs more practice! XD

Till next time! Ciou! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment