Friday, January 24, 2014

Singapore Cosfest XII 2013

           Last July 2013, I went on a month long vacation in Singapore. It just so happen that on the same day of my arrival, SG's Cosfest XII is also taking place. So being the anime addict that I was, I decided to attend the event and maybe see how SG's Convention differs from those events held in the Philippines (I asked my cousin, who is working in SG, to accompany for this event. She does't even know what anime is!). XD


Above is the event banner. It was held in D'Marquee Mall, Singapore. It was a few stops away from Changi Airport. I arrived at the event on July 7 at around 4PM hence, the limited amount of picture and I think some of the cosplayer already left the event hall.





Picture of mommy Chun Li and baby Chun Li. Their so cute together! Someday I will also have a daughter who will cosplay with me (wish ko lang?!). Lol. =D








The Contestants for the singing competition. I think each team was given the list of songs for the competition and It is their task to memorise the songs and sing them in the event. I enjoy watching them try to outrun each other ofter the title of the song was announced and go to the centre of the stage where the mic was place. ^_^

Yay! Toki-Doki Cafe was like the Ozine maid cafe here in the Philippines. I think the only difference is that in Toki-Doki, you actually have to pay first the fixed price of $20. 




Reika-chan!! I was like, OMG Clare (my younger sister)! Reika is here in SG! XD
The Guest Judge for the Singing competition was Reika, in her Shingeki no Kyojin outfit. She is a known cosplayer from Japan (Facebook page) and she is also my younger sister's favourite cosplayer. We've been Fan-girling over Reika and Kaname since the day we saw them in a cosplay event here in the Philippines. (I think its Cosplay Mania 2012?)






 I love the picture of this two (2) uncle's cosplaying. It just proves that cosplay/anime is not only for young people (in terms of age) but for also those who are young at heart. I guess as long as you're having fun, this is for you. =D



There weren't that much booth in the event. I think I only saw around 3 or 4 booths that sell anime merchandise. The rest were for art commissions and etc.




Since I'm already there, why not take some pictures with the cosplayer right??! hahaha.. (Excuse my haggard self, attending this event was not in the itinerary. ^_^)


Just because the chibi character is so cute and that is also the name of the pet Shih Tzu. =D

Well, that's it for now. Hopefully, next post will be about my travel in SG. That particular post has long been delayed. Till next time! 



No comments:

Post a Comment