Saturday, June 21, 2014

Grand Vacation Part 3: Singapore!


Here’s another installment for my Grand Vacation post!

I have been staying with my cousin who is based in Singapore for the whole duration of my trip. She was also my travel companion, roommate, alalay (helper), cook, tourist guide and cameraman for the whole month! Thanks Ate Haydn! Hahaha.. ^_^

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Through my experience, I can say that Singapore is one of the countries that Filipinos will surely enjoy Visiting. Why? Here are some of my reasons:

·      Very cheap Airfare
·      Lots of Tourist destination
·      Multi-Cultural community
·      Must visit shopping destination
·      Everyday Food-Trip
·      Can go to other countries nearby (cross country?)
·      (and most of all) NO VISA required! ^_^

Warning: Picture intensive post! =D


On with the Post!

During this trip; weekdays are spent roaming around the City (by myself or with my cousin, depending on her work schedule) while weekends are spent for major tourist destination (Universal Studios, Marina Bay Sands, Garden by the bay and etc.) and cross-country travels (Malaysia and Thailand).

First day was for attending the Cosfest XII in Singapore. For more info please see my previous post Cosfest SG.

The First weekend was our travel in Thailand, see Thailandfor this post.

Followed by Universal Studio Singapore. I’ll be having a separate post for this just because it’s my favorite part of the trip! ^_^

Then our Trip to Malaysia, see post KL.


For this whole month, I usually spent my time roaming around Orchard Road. This is where most of the shopping sites are location, from known department stores to famous and expensive brands. Luckily, I decided to schedule my trip around July so “Hello Great Singapore Sale!” for me. All shops are on sale; hence, the shop-till-you-drop literally happened to me. Lol! =D






I saw this in a Korean bakeshop. Too cute to not  take a snapshot.


Another reason why I love to spend my time in Orchard Road is because of this. $1 ice cream! Yummy! =D

Another New tourist Destination is the Garden By the Bay. This “is a park spanning 101 hectares (1,010,000 m2) of reclaimed land in central Singapore, adjacent to the Marina Reservoir. The park consists of three waterfront gardens: Bay South Garden, Bay East Garden and Bay Central Garden.The largest of the three gardens is Bay South Garden, standing at 54 hectares” (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gardens_by_the_Bay).




Attack of the Giant Ants *o*



I thought of Mulan when I first saw this. The ancient dragon thingy on the movie?



View at night. Pretty colors! ^_^


Obligatory tourist picture in Marina Bay Sands


View from the top floor 


I always see this shop in Power Plant Mall Rockwell, but I’ve never thought of trying it out.




On the Way to Merlion

 Random arts made by student in one of the underpass tunnels. 








Another obligatory tourist picture

The famous Chili-Crab, stingray and buns. Really delicious!




Since I’ve already visited Sentosa on my Singapore trip around 2010, my cousin opted to not take me here. So, what I did was visit the place by myself and to kill some time while waiting for my cousins shift to be over. No tourist picture of me in this place! All pictures are “Selfie pics”, so I wont post them. Lol.







View from the top













I wish I had my own candy tree! =D

Night Life? Go to Clarke Quay! It’s a really nice place to spend your time and lots of restaurant and bar to choose from.



For souvenirs and pasalubong, go to China Town! Really cheap souvenirs and friendly people around.
 


Lucky charms for my relatives


Miscellaneous Pictures:
I saw best friend-Jollibee in SG! Obligatory tourist picture?!






Aeropostale was having a very big sale! I was able to buy denim pants at around $20 (regular price $119), so I bought a few along with other things and got additional $30 gift card from them. ^_^


First time having a magnum and it was in Clarke Quay Singapore!

Chocolates-chocolates for pasalubong!




Yes! I had some of my things be sent to the Philippines thru a Balik Bayan Box. It’s much cheaper than having to pay excess baggage. ^_^

~END~

Thank you for spending the time to read my post. Till next time! Ciou! ^_^

1 comment:

  1. Thank for sharing!!!

    Dịch vụ order hàng Nhật Bản về Việt Nam với những mặt hàng nội địa Nhật có trên trang Amazon Nhật. Ngoài ra bạn còn có thể tìm thấy các mặt hàng chất lượng khác trên trang Amazon Đức.

    ReplyDelete