Saturday, July 12, 2014

How it started (for me): Investing in Stocks?

Note: Hi All! I just thought of sharing my experience in Investing in the Philippine Stock Market. I am not a big time investor and I don’t have a formal education on Stocks investing (Just my own experience and basic knowledge from my bachelors degree ^_^).

I have always been interested in investing in the stock market. I imagine buying stocks in different companies and being Part owner of that company. However, I was only in my secondary education at that time so everything that I planned was only in my mind.

As I started my Bachelors Degree in College, I’ve learned some of the basics of investing. Interest earnings, future values, mutual funds, bonds, money market and etc. Unfortunately, whenever I research about investing, it always comes up that I would need to have a large sum of money to start investing. Hey! I’m only in college and only survived thru my allowance, where would I get a hundred thousand? So again, plans in my imagination.

After graduating from college, a friend of mine told me about investing in the stock market with a small starting capital. It picked my interest and I started researching about it. I was thinking, “Will this be my way in achieving one of my dreams?”. I found out about a company that has an online platform for trading stock and they offer an Easy Investment Plan (EIP) that starts from P5,000. And I was like, “It looks legit and the starting is only around P5000” “It was being advertised by Bo Sanchez and I really love his books” “why not try right?” So, I went thru with the documents needed, submitted the requirements and a month later I have my own EIP account. =D

BTW the stockbroker that I’m talking about is COL Financial Philippines . The thing that I love the most about this company is that they have a Daily Investment Guide that can help investors decide on which stocks to buy. I used this to know the Buy Below price for a certain stocks and the Fair Value of those stocks. Those two values were the ones that I considered at the beginning of my investment.

That’s how I started investing in the stock market and so far, I like how things are turning up. ^_^


(A shout-out to my friend, advisor and everyday chat-mate ROAN! Thanks for always being there for me. ^_^)

No comments:

Post a Comment