Friday, February 19, 2021

Animal Crossing New Horizon

Animal Crossing New Horizon (ACNH) is one of the games that help me get through 2020. I was used to going places every couple of months or so. The pandemic had forced me to slow down and prevented me from doing what I normally do. Eat out, going places, friends gathering. This game (along with the Final Fantasy Series) had helped me coped with the "New Normal".


The game has a pre-set storyline goal which was making your island rating at least 3-stars to get a character "KK" to have his concert on the island. You can get a higher rating when you clean, decorate, have happy villagers. After the initial goal, it becomes an open storyline where the next target was to get a 5-star rating and decorate as much as you want. There are also tons of Fish and bugs to catch and DIY's to learn. I honestly have not completed them 😅.

What I like about the game is that they have set events. Each season has at least one. You can set your game to follow your location's time and season. This will make sure you have access to events based on your current season. My favorite so far was the Sakura event. Shooting balloons to get DIYs. Catching Sakura petals for materials and seeing Pink Cherry blossoms tree on my island. 

You can also visit other people's islands and check out their shops and pretty decorations. You can see people's creativity! 

Since the game was released, there have been several updates to improve and add more to it. It's like playing one of those online games where the developer has pop-up events and new quests (RO player here 😉). I think this is one of the reasons why I am still playing the game. Something to look forward to, especially when Nintendo releases the teaser videos. 

The snaps below are from my island. 😉

Mystical forest 

Spa day

🌸 Sakura! 🌸

Fireworks event

Visiting my sister's island. AU to PH. 😄

and catching my very first Shark. < not sharks fin dumpling 😆> 

How about you? What helped you get through 2020 and Covid?

Till next time! XOXO 😘



No comments:

Post a Comment